Surf City Surf Dog®
Surf City Surf Dog®, the world-famous premier event on the dog surfing circuit held annually in late September in Surf City USA. The event brings together the community, surfers, dog lovers, families & pets for a day of fun and "fund"raising at one of Southern California’s most pristine beaches - Huntington Dog Beach!
3 Days of Doggone FuN!
We've got three days of fun, interactive activities for you and your four-legged BFF!
Partial event proceeds and all fundraising will benefit our charity partners.
- Barks of Love
- French Bulldog Rescue Network
- Huntington Dog Beach
- OC SPCA
- Southern California Golden Retriever Rescue
- Westie Rescue of Orange County & Beyond
REGISTRATION | RULES
Surf City Surf Dog Competition registration spots are limited.
SINGLE DOG HEATS:The event will consists of Open (owner or handler pushed) heats and Shredder (owner only/advanced) heats based on smalll, medium, large and x-large weight-based heats with five dogs maximum per heat.
TANDEM HEATS: There will only be one heat each of: tandem dog/dog, dog/human and dog/human on a stand up paddle board with a paddle.
Registration will close at midnight September 18, 2017. No late registration available!
SPEND THE WEEKEND IN SURF CITY USA®
As a past winner of Dog Fancy magazine’s “Dogtown USA” honor, Huntington Beach is pure canine nirvana. With all there is for man’s best friend, it’s clear that Surf City USA is going to the dogs. Named one of the country’s top 10 Fido-friendly beaches by Fido Friendly Magazine and with a Critic’s Choice pick in the Orange County Register, Dog Beach is the perfect place to spend a few hours with your pooch.
The event takes place at the southernmost point of Huntington Dog Beach at the intersection of Goldenwest and PCH. Use the below address for mapping purposes.
Huntington Dog Beach
100 Goldenwest Street
Parking is located north and south of the PCH / Goldenwest intersection.
- From 405, exit Goldenwest and head south all the way to PCH.
- From PCH heading north, we are located north of Main Street in Huntington Beach.
- From PCH heading south, we are located approximately one mile south of Seapoint.
If you have been to Huntington Dog Beach before, you know that parking is kinda crazy (and that’s without a contest). We have a drop zone at the corner of Goldenwest and PCH, just south of Goldenwest, for you to unload your pups, board, chairs, family, etc. Volunteers will watch your belongings while you find parking. Please plan on arriving at least an hour before your heat to accomodate parking and registration.
- No parking, waiting or unloading in any red zone.
- Dog Beach parking lots, located between Goldenwest and Seapoint, have metered parking only
- Metered parking is available along PCH
- Free, non-metered street parking is available in several of the neighborhood areas.
- For more detailed parking information, visit the City of Huntington Beach’s website.