IMPERIAL BEACH SURF DOG
Get stoked! It's time for the most adorable surf event of the year . . .The Imperial Beach Surf Dog Competition, where fearless surFUR dogs will jump on their boards and hang 20! The Imperial Beach event is the original surf dog competition. Check out the action adjacent to the Imperial Beach Pier, where more than 60 dogs are expected to participate in this family friendly event, which raises funds for the San Diego Humane Society.
Times approximate and subject to change:
JULY 28 | 2018
- 8:00 AM – Check-In Opens
- 8:00 AM – 1 PM – SurFUR Expo
- 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM – Beer Garden
- 8:15 AM – 2:00 PM – Surf Dog Competition
- 2:00 PM – Awards Ceremony
Registration includes a collectors t-shirt and medal.
Partial event proceeds and all fundraising will benefit the San Diego Humane Society.
REGISTRATION | RULES
Imperial Beach Surf Dog Competition registration is limited! Heats include Single Dog and Tandem.
SINGLE DOG HEATS INCLUDE:
- Weight Heats (owner launched) - weight-based heats with five dogs maximum per heat. (2 heats max/weight category)
- Weight Heats (handler launched) - weight-based heats with five dogs maximum per heat. (1 heat per weight category)
- Shredder Heats (only the owner can launch) – advanced surFUR heats with five dogs maximum per heat. (2 heats total)
There will only be one heat each of dog/dog and two of dog/human:
- Dog/Dog Surf
- Dog/Human Surf
No late registration will be allowed.
Imperial Beach Pier / Portwood Pier Plaza
10 Evergreen Ave.
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
Directions From I-5 South:
- Exit on Palm Avenue
- Turn right and continue down Palm Avenue
- Turn left at Seacoast Drive
We recommend you drop surFURS, surfboards, family, chairs, etc. at our handy Surfboard Valet, at the corner of Evergreen & Seacoast (look for sign)
Please off-load quickly then go park. Free street parking near the Pier is available on a first come-basis. There are also two pay lots fairly close:
- On Palm and Seacoast. Fees are $2 for the entire day.
- Park and raise funds for Mar Vista High Water Polo at Imperial Blvd.& Seacoast. $20.